Tuesday 22 December 2009

Meditiation on Mary





There were safer places;
more comfortable places;
palaces and wealthy places.

Yet you chose a daughter of the soil
who would have otherwise
lived a good and honest life;
grown and harvested crops,
cooked and washed and cared for others
and been forgotten,
to be your temporary home;
to be exalted for all time.

"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed."

When does an ordinary life
become extraordinary?
A mundane day
become revolutionary?
A moment in time
change history?

When God enters in,
forgives sin,
allows us to
begin again.

When we repeat
those words of Mary:

"May it be to me
as you say." 




No comments:

Post a Comment