Monday 8 February 2010

Choral Evensong

We had a wonderful service of choral evensong at Ashendon church last night. I would really like to thank Charles Wheatley and all the members of Brill choir, and also that really nice organist chappy from Oxford who stood in for us, as all our organists in the Benefice either had the dreaded lurgy or were away.

It is my first choral evensong and only the third time I have been at a service with the choir there, it makes a huge difference to me to have the choir leading the singing, and a huge difference to the congregation as well! I also appreciate the willingness of the choir to go round all the churches, it is so gracious and things like that make us feel genuinely like a Benefice working together to serve God rather than seven individual churches.

So on behalf of all of us that benefit thank-you and please keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment