Not sure why, but I find this song one that I want to play over and over. I think it is because a while back I had a major faith crisis (I call it The Abyss). This was just before I started ordination training, and nothing has been the same since. I have lost faith in many of the things that I thought were at the core of Christianity and found to my surprise a new faith, perhaps one more centred on Jesus, ironically. At the time, someone leant me Brian McLaren's book 'A New Kind of Christian', and when I read it I discovered that there were others like me.
Book review – How to Survive a World in Crisis (And Not Grow Weary of Doing
Good) by Ruth Valerio
-
The Saturday of the August Bank Holiday found me at Greenbelt, the normally
lush green fields of Boughton House parched after a summer of heatwaves. As
the...
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment